- Age: 26 yrs; failed prelims twice (2021,2022)
- I had earlier quit my job (1 yr) and gave two attempts from home, missed prelims by a narrow margin both times. CSP 2022 result had a very detrimental role on my mental health. I decided to take the first job that I could and took a break from prep(2023 attempt).
- Now, fast forward to 6 months, the work load is so immense/ toxic, i am not getting enough time to prepare for cse.
So, the thought of quiting my job again pops in my head. But, i am very hesitant this time.
I don't know what to do.
- I have always considered MBA as my backup, and also planning on giving CAT this year.
I know all this sounds messed up and pessimistic, but I would really like some advice from aspirants who were in the same boat.
- Option 1: quit, prepare for (2024 CSE + CAT 2023) (maybe move to Delhi ?)
Option 2: switch, hope to get a better work life balance and prepare for (2024 CSE)
- Giving up on CSE after putting so much effort is so difficult. ( sunk cost fallacy ?)
Asking strangers for advice is weird, but it is difficult to explain these stuff to family/ friends.
Please share your thought, if possible.
@randomAspirant Decide for once what you want to do. I am meeting a disproportionate number of people these days in the mocks who are coming for Civils after an IIM degree.
If at all you cannot take it any more, and you decide to quit ( which should be your decision ), do not do lightweight preparation or waster away time. Try to see what course or modules you can take and make notes. The only preparation which beats classroom modules - online or offline is radical newspaper note making instead of magazine reading ( which is a secondary source and useful if at all only for prelims ). You can take a cue from@AzadHindFauz who I think makes very good evernote / one note notes.
Pls don't quit your job and get into the same mental spiral again... Try looking for a better work life balance job. Age is on your side, even if you give your next attempt 2-3 years later, life is not running away anywhere.
I will suggest you to give the CSE 23 Pre paper as a mock test at home, until then prepare for it,
if you are able to score 75+
quit as you have a good chance to crack
make a 2 year plan to prepare for CSE(on weekends->10hr/day, weekdays->4hr)
Meanwhile CAT'23 cannot be done without having CSE'24 as opportunity cost,so won't suggest that
If you are in some IT position try getting a Production support project, they are easy peasy or switching to Salesforce Technology not much work required there.